CLICK HERE to start your own topic!

Connect with Giraffes > WANNA CONNECT WITH GRATITUDE....

« previous next »
WANNA CONNECT WITH GRATITUDE.... - 14027 views
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »

The Gratitude Game Part 1: (inspired by Marshall Rosenberg)

Step 1: Think of one thing someone did or said that enriched your life. It can be tiny (i.e. just one word they spoke) or it could be huge.

Step 2: Feel the feelings connected to the recognition that this person chose contribute to your wellbeing. Is there a place in your body where you are feeling the strongest emotions? What is the quality or texture of the emotions?

(Now that you understand the game you may want to close your eyes and start again to more deeply connect with the experience.)

Step 3: If you're moved, share anything you like with us in the comments section below. I would love to hear about what came up for you.

Optional: Do this everyday (I remember Marshall saying he likes to do this remembering before bed and write it down in a gratitude journal).

"Be compassionate whenever possible. It's always possible." Dali Lama
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »

So I'll play my own game. I got an email from a woman named Andrea today. When I read in here email, "My son loved your book. He has used what he has learned and we have both noticed more motivation and skill around communicating with NVC. Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Andrea"

I felt my entire body fill with so much excitement and optimism that I jumped out of my office chair and reached to the heavens in celebration.... right now still feeling a warm glow of happiness in my heart... feeling grateful that Andrea took a moment to offer me that feedback....

JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:22:24 AM »

Is there a moderator on this forum? Observation: I made a gratitude post 15 days ago and no one replied. Feeling: Lonely  Needs not met: Connection and Fun. Request: Would anyone be willing to share what came up in them when they read this:

I got an email from a woman named Andrea today. When I read in here email, "My son loved your book. He has used what he has learned and we have both noticed more motivation and skill around communicating with NVC. Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Andrea"

I felt my entire body fill with so much excitement and optimism that I jumped out of my office chair and reached to the heavens in celebration.... right now still feeling a warm glow of happiness in my heart... feeling grateful that Andrea took a moment to offer me that feedback....

Eagerly,

jp

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:24:41 AM by JP Allen » Logged

David
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 01:35:01 PM »

Lets play the gratitude game!

Okay...

My friend shared with me what was going on for her when I told her something that I imagined she would find painful to hear.

I'm glad for the connection and the trust that we had. I'm glowing inside and a warm smile comes to me as I remember this...

Peace,
admin2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »

Hello dear JP,

Were you disappointed when you did not know that you were joined (or even seen) celebrating what Andrea wrote about Giraffe Juice?  Did you want companionship in that celebration?

When you jumped out of your chair in celebration, were your needs for contribution, appreciation, and hope delightfully fed?

BK
admin2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:55:30 PM »

Hello dear David,

Thank you for sharing your gratitude for trust and connection. I love to read how folks are enjoying the gifts of compassionate communication: how the sweet connection that results is delicious. This gives me hope and energy to keep up my efforts to share NVC with others.

BK
David
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »

I love the way we are sharing, and being companions, to each other's gratitude.

I feel touched, alive and warm when I witness this - as it meets my needs for connection and companionship.

Blessed,
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »

Thanks Barbara for the reflection. Love it!  Thanks David for sharing how your choice to share authentically with a friend deepened the experience of trust you shared.

jp

David
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »

I want to carry on playing this game....

My heart is expanding with gratitude for the flow I had today working on projects that are deeply aligned with my core values of simplicity, growth and service.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve others in a way that taps into my strengths and passions.

I feel blessed.
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 05:36:56 AM »

Hey David!
Happy hearing the gratitude you're experiencing what seems to be a deep sense of meaning when doing things that are in alignment with your core values...

jp

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: