CLICK HERE to start your own topic!

Connect with Giraffes > Exercises to connect with children

« previous next »
Exercises to connect with children - 7852 views
David
« on: July 11, 2011, 07:28:40 PM »

This is not my idea, but I hope that you benefit from this inspiration!

'What is your purpose or intention? To correct and manage your children or to connect with and enjoy them?

For one week, count the number of times in a day you correct your child, and then count the number of times you connect. Which number is greater? What might this information tell you?'

What other exercises do you know of to improve your connection with children?
admin2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »

David, I find this idea very yummy. Thank you so much for the suggestion

BK
admin2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:07:31 PM »

This exercise (from J. Donnoghue's Inner Empathy) is suggested not for use with children directly, but rather to grow/heal one's ability for giving "unconditional love", thereby enhancing connection with children:

Are you willing to go back to a time and context when this part (bk: i think this refers to the part that is judgmental/with-holding) was active, try and recall as many details as possible and experientially connect with the part, i.e. emotionally connect with the part?

This part that wants to love in a conditional way, are you willing to welcome it? Can you stay with that part that wants to love conditionally and allow the feelings? Can you ask it what it wants you to know?

Are you noticing strong feelings or judgements about the part that wants to love conditionally, that could be another part emerging and wanting to be heard. Are you willing to check in with this 'new' part and see what it is feeling and needing, what judgements it holds?

BK
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: