CLICK HERE to start your own topic!

Connect with Giraffes > THE GRATITUDE GAME PART 2 (inspired by Marshall Rosenberg)

« previous next »
THE GRATITUDE GAME PART 2 (inspired by Marshall Rosenberg) - 18653 views
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »

The Gratitude Game Part 2: (inspired by Marshall Rosenberg)

Step 1: Think of one thing you did or said that contributed to another person's wellbeing. It can be tiny (i.e. just one word you spoke) or it could be huge.

Step 2: Feel the feelings connected to the recognition that you have used the magnificent living energy inside of you to make life wonderful. Is there a place in your body where you are feeling the strongest emotions? What is the quality or texture of the emotions?

(Now that you understand the game you may want to close your eyes and start again to more deeply connect with the experience)

Step 3: If you're moved, share anything you like with us in the comments section below. I would love to hear about what came up for you.

Optional: Do this everyday (I remember Marshall saying he likes to do this remembering before bed and write it down in a gratitude journal).

"Be compassionate whenever possible. It's always possible." Dali Lama
David
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:52:57 AM »

What did I do for someone else... ?

I sent a surprise letter to my friend yesterday.

I feel overjoyed and excitement anticipating what will happen when my friend receives my surprise letter. I feel warm that I'm reaching out to connect with my friend.

Ahh...
admin2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »

Hello David,

It sounds like you, by writing a letter, treated yourself to connection and hope around  contribution to another? That you are enjoying the anticipation of how the letter will be sweet for your friend? Do you enjoy the connection that comes from writing and receiving letters? Do you notice your need to matter sweetly fed when you get a letter, and you are looking forward to that for your friend?

Thank you for sharing.

BK
David
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »

I think the the word sweet is just the way to describe how I feel anticipating my friend receiving this letter.

I feel joy imagining the connection we'll have when my friend receives my letter and enjoys reading it.

David
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:07 AM »

I love this game - lets keep it going...

Just now I've offered to other people that I be their empathy buddy via Skype.

I feel excited about the opportunity to regularly connect and tune into other people's energy and activating my consciousness. Whoo!!

JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 02:45:36 AM »

Thanks David! I'm enjoying the game too.

Today I mailed an email to a college and was able to express my appreciation for the ways this person has supported me... tears rolled down my eyes know that the project we were working on was likely to make a big difference in many people's lives... deeply met needs for meaning and being in the flow (serving life)

jp

"Be compassionate whenever possible. It's always possible." Dali Lama
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: