CLICK HERE to start your own topic!

Connect with Giraffes > Did You Enjoy Giraffe Juice?

« previous next »
Did You Enjoy Giraffe Juice? - 17421 views
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »

Did You Enjoy Giraffe Juice? Curious About What Others Are Saying?

From JP Allen
REQUEST: If you read Giraffe Juice, and it met any "rainbow colored" needs for you, please tell me about it in the section below.

Why? I wanna feel the Juice! It took me and my co-author Marci seven years to develop and launch this project. We want to know that our intention to make life wonderful was fulfilled.

Also, I’d love your support. Because the mission of the Giraffe Juice Project is to share Nonviolent Communication with a million people globally by Jan 1st, 2012, when you add you comments below it may encourage others to check it out too.

I’d love to hear anything you want to share. (If you prefer to post an article somewhere on the web, tell me where and I'd love to link to it).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:42:19 PM by admin » Logged
Ms Dragonfly

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:00:27 AM »

Hi JP and Marci;

I wanted to share with you my experience with Giraffe Juice.  I stumbled upon your site a couple of months ago while searching out NVC resources.  I immediately fell in love with the story Giraffe Juice and thought it would make a great addition to our communication units in the Domestic Violence program Stepping Up that I coordinate and facilitate. This program is a psycho-educational program that works with men and women who are in or have come out of domestic violent situations and is a brand new program to Peace River, AB, Canada.  This go around I ran two groups consisting of 5 women in one and 4 men in another and tied Giraffe Juice at the end of communication section of the program.  The response was phenomenal.  I had such great feedback from them, I had to share it with you.  These are adults of various ages from 40 and under and of varying literacy levels as well.  They all could easily read Giraffe Juice and instantly related how great the story was and have begun to use these concepts  in their lives especially with their children.  I have several of them reading the story to their children and sharing the ideas the Marvel has explained so wonderfully in the book.  The activity book serves well as an added resource to help them continue practicing the concepts in their lives. 

Many thanks to you and your team for sharing such a wonderful gift and resource with the world.

Blessings

Lynette Vetsch
Coordinator/Group Facilitator
North Peace Society for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
(780) 624-8235
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:15:23 AM »

Thank you so much Lynette!!!! Hearing that Giraffe Juice is supporting adults who have had had challenges with domestic violence is a dream come true for me. The intention of Giraffe Juice is to offer non-intimidating and fun introduction into the wonderful world of Nonviolent Communications....for people of ALL ages... so reading your email is a dream come true for me.... eight years in the making...

ahhhhh.... so much joy surging through my body I'm going to take a bike ride and celebrate...

"Be compassionate whenever possible. It's always possible." Dali Lama
alyssaramos68
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:44 AM »

My name is Alyssa Ramos (sister of JP and friend of Marci).
When you first gave me the printed manuscript of you novel, I carried it with me to a yoga retreat in the Bahamas, and had a wonderful time reading it in a hammock under the shade of a palm tree.  My son was 2 or 3 years old at that time, enjoying the magical innocense of a perfect world.  At the time I read the book, the lessons were premature for my son's understanding, but for me they were invaluable, as I re-called my own childhood and my run-ins with bullies all through my grade school years.  And reflected on how I might have handles these situations differently with giraffe tools, rather than fists, and how I might want to guide my child in the future.  I realized that encouraging my son to express his feelings and to look at challenging situations through the eyes of understanding and empathy for others might help him to not lose touch with the magical world he lived in.  This book and others like it became my parenting bibles that I kept at my bedside to guide me in conscious languaging skills that I and my family could benefit from.
I have since read the printed novel again, and begun reading it to my son who is now almost 6 and is in school, and has already experienced being bullied.  I am encouraged to know that he remains in touch with his feelings at these moments and has the skills to express himself in a healthy way.  I know that this book will be a great resource for him as he walks through life.  Thank you JP and Marci with big giraffe love for creating and sharing your magic.
Alyssa
JP Allen

Yes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 03:49:19 AM »

Thank you Alyssa!!!

My heart is melting... reading your words... to know that Giraffe Juice is contributing to you and Nikko... touching so close to home... experiencing a deep sense of family and harmony...

With Love,

jp

"Be compassionate whenever possible. It's always possible." Dali Lama
admin2
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:37 PM »

We received this sweet response from Hilary in Bern Switzerland:

I have been experimenting with nvc, restorative circles and some other approaches with my two children for the last seven years. Seeing how deep our connections are and how my children have the vocabulary and process to resolve their issues, gives me hope for the future. I am also sharing these approaches with children in our virtues club. A club I  set up to bring children together to explore their positive qualities and learn how to put them to use. And now I am so excited to be returning to work as a social care worker where I can bring all this to young people who have lived through difficult situations which have often resulted in them using challenging strategies to try to get their needs met. I feel so grateful to have been able to benefit from the work of others who developed, experienced and shared nvc. Now thanks to giraffe juice I have a great, easy to use tool to help children explore nvc for themselves. It gives them a greater  understanding of what I have been trying to model and teach.
My son has a special talent, like marvel, he can wiggle his ears! So he enjoys trying to hear needs while wiggling his ears!

BK
David
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »

I want to share my own story of reading Giraffe Juice...

I'm will start teaching children soon and I am feeling apprehensive about how I can bring compassionate language into the classroom. Reading Giraffe Juice has inspired me to do my best to be a compassionate teacher, and it's a resource that I'm excited to share with the children I'll be teaching.

I loved the story too - and it reminded me that everyone (including children) have the power to change what's happening around them.

Thank you JP for putting your energy into creating and sharing this with everyone. I feel honored to be part of this Giraffe Juice project.
Hanoun

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »

More than enjoying!! I just love the story and how it is designed as Audio Book! I love the speakers, the lightness and fun the story has and at the same time so deep! It's simplicity and at the same time seriousness!this makes it very authentic and inspiring! Thank you a million times for this extraordinary work! I wish every child would know it. I am living in Germany and wished I could pass it on in German!
Thanks so much and I am eager to hear more about Marvel, Eva, Ike and Jip!!
Hanoun
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: